- Open a Google Slide.
- Pull down the Tools menu to Research.
- This will open a research window at the right side of the page.
Finding & Adding Images or Videos
- In the research window at the right, click the triangle in the search bar and pull down to “Images” or “Videos.”
- Enter search keyword(s).
- Select the desired image or video and click the “Insert” button – or just grab the desired image or video and drag it onto the slide!
- Want clip art instead of photos? Just add the words “clip art” within the search window.
- For copyright friendly images, click the triangle under the search window for options.
- To play a video on the slide:
– In the Edit mode, double-click the video.
– In the Present mode, click the play button.
If you are interested in creating a Google Classroom, follow the link below to learn how.
Google Classroom Help
Line Break within Cell
To force a line break (a.k.a. carriage return or hard return) within a cell, use:
Control + Enter
Alt + Enter
Use Multiple Columns for Hanging Indents
Use the left column for the number and the right column for the text.
Note – Format as “Plain Text” to get “1.” into the cell.
Update – Just found out from Brad Medbery on Facebook that you can begin any text string with an apostrophe and it will automatically format it as “plain text.” Try entering “1.” and then enter ” ‘1. ” and you’ll see the difference!
Turn Off Gridlines
Pull down the View menu to toggle “Gridlines” off and on.
Note – It is best to create the page first, and then turn off the Gridlines.
Same sheet with and without gridlines:
Use Border Colors!
The index card below was created with:
– a black outer border
– a red bottom border
– blue horizontal borders
Add Free-hand Drawings
1. Pull down the Insert menu to “Drawing.” This will open a new “Drawing” window.
2. In the drawing window, click the “Line” tool and select the “Scribble” option.
3. Draw on the screen.
4. Click the “Save and Close” button.
5 . Move and resize the drawing as desired.